Some of the phrases I hear regularly are “I’ve tried everything else”, “I know exactly what I should do, I just can’t seem to do it”, “When I’m on a diet and I have a bad day, that’s it – I just can’t get back on track again”.
If these sound familiar to you, read on! In my opinion, we all know exactly what we need to do to lose weight; indeed most of us have put on and lost weight many times over. For example, it may be that you want to increase your exercise, cut down certain foods, stop eating late in the evening etc. etc.
My Hypnotherapy and Mind Coaching sessions are unique in that we focus only on what it is that you want to change; I don’t give diet or exercise advice, I simply concentrate on the changes that you’ve decided will be most beneficial to you. We can examine your relationship with food and challenge beliefs and habits that may be holding you back from achieving your goals.
Wouldn’t you like to be able to enjoy your food, taste every mouthful, and quite simply stop eating when your body feel full?
Say goodbye to unhealthy eating and hello to a new lifestyle where you’ll have more energy and motivation, feel better about yourself and still enjoy a bar of chocolate when you really want to!
Whilst every client is different, some common topics I help people to deal with include
- Unconscious eating – a pattern of eating when you’re not hungry, often not even tasting or enjoying food
- Emotional eating – eating because of feelings of sadness, despair, loneliness, boredom, or the opposite – happiness or celebration
- Lack of motivation to exercise – having the best intentions, but when it comes to it finding excuses not to go for that walk or to the gym
- Unhealthy food choices – finding yourself in a pattern of choosing the quick and easy option rather than the healthy one
- Cravings – giving in to a seemingly uncontrollable desire to eat something “bad”
How many sessions will I need?
There’s no such thing as “one size fits all”; so there’s not a single answer to this question. Everybody is different so different approaches will suit different people. I book only one session at a time, and work on a “let’s see how you get on” basis. Some clients come to me regularly for a couple of months; some need only one or two sessions; some come for a top-up session every six months. Let’s do it whatever way best suits you!
The first session lasts two hours, so we can achieve a lot in that timeframe. Subsequent sessions last an hour and a half. If you wish, you can combine hypnotherapy with weight loss classes or fitness courses.